The Bachelor of Education programme, generally known as B.Ed, is a professional course that prepares teachers for upper primary or middle level ( Classes VI-VIII),Secondry level (Classes IX-X) and senior secondary level (Classes XI-XII). The programme shall be offered in composite institutions as defined in clause (b) of regulations 2.
The B.Ed programme shall be a duration of two academic years, which can be completed in a maximum of three years from the date of admission of the programme.
- There shall be at least two hundred working days each year exclusive of the period of examination and admission.
- The institution shall work for a minimum of thirty six hours in a week (five or six days),during which physical presence in the institution of all the teachers and student is necessary to ensure their availability for advice, guidance, dialogue and consultation as and when needed.
- The minimum attendance of student-teachers shall have to be 80% for all course work and practicum, and 90% for school internship.
- Candidates with at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelor’s degree and/or in the master’s degree in Science/Social Science/Humanity, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in science and mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- The reservation and relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other categories shall be as per the rules of the central govt. / state govt., whichever is applicable.